Are you looking for a reliable tool to measure the antifreeze protection level of your vehicle? Do you want to ensure your car runs at peak performance all year round? Look no further than glycol refractometers. They are designed to help keep your vehicles in top condition and help ensure safe driving conditions during cold weather.
How Mechanicaddicts Chooses the Glycol Refractometer
At Mechanicaddicts, we understand the importance of having a suitable refractometer to measure antifreeze levels without wasting time and money.
That's why our expert reviewers have taken the guesswork out of finding the best option for you. With their extensive research, they've identified the best products that will provide accurate readings and help make sure you have peace of mind that your engine is running smoothly.
Abuycs Antifreeze Refractometer for Glycol, Antifreeze
Why We Like This Tool
The Abuycs Antifreeze Refractometer is the perfect tool for measuring and testing ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, battery SG levels, AdBlue concentration, and windshield washer fluid. A one-unit system of °F accurately indicates the freezing point for ethylene glycol and propylene glycol-based cooling systems.
The ATC (automatic temperature compensation) feature makes measuring even more accessible, giving you precise readings with minimal effort. Whether you want to measure and Check Washer Fluid or test the levels of other fluid components, this refractometer is an excellent choice for professionals and home mechanics alike.
- Measures and tests: ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, battery SG levels, AdBlue concentration, and windshield washer fluid.
- Measurement system: One-unit system of °F.
- Indication: Accurately indicates the freezing point for ethylene glycol and propylene glycol-based cooling systems.
- Feature: ATC (automatic temperature compensation) for precise readings.
- Users: Suitable for professionals and home mechanics.
- Use: Ideal for checking washer fluid or testing the levels of other fluid components.
TRZ 4-in-1 Antifreeze Refractometer Ethylene Glycol
Why We Like This Tool
The TRZ 4-in-1 Antifreeze Refractometer is perfect for any new or experienced automotive, industrial, and home-cooling technician. With its one-unit system of degrees Fahrenheit, the device quickly indicates the freezing point of ethylene glycol and propylene glycol-based systems and accurately tests concentrations in antifreeze fluids.
Its range for ethylene glycol is between -84°F and 32°F with 0-70% VOL, while its capacity for propylene glycol is between -60°F and 32°F with 0-63% VOL. The device can also measure urea concentration in AdBlue from 30%-35% and measure battery specific gravity (SG) from 1.100 to 1.400sg.
- Measurement Material: Ethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Urea, Battery Fluid
- Ethylene Glycol Measurement Range: -84°F to 32°F, 0-70% VOL
- Propylene Glycol Measurement Range: -60°F to 32°F, 0-63% VOL
- Urea Measurement Range (AdBlue): 30%-35%
- Battery Fluid Measurement Range: 1.100 to 1.400sg
- Measurement System: Degrees Fahrenheit
- Design: 4-in-1 system
- Recommended: Automotive, industrial, and home cooling system technicians.
Why We Like This Tool
The V·RESOURCING Refractometer is the perfect tool for measuring coolant and antifreeze based on ethylene glycol or propylene glycol, battery fluid condition, screenwash antifreeze (windshield washer fluid) based on ethanol as well as on isopropyl alcohol.
This refractometer also allows you to check the urea concentration in AdBlue. With its wide measuring range of 1.10~1.40kg/l for battery fluid, -50°C to 0°C for Propylene Glycol and Ethylene Glycol, and 30 to 35% for AdBlue, you can be sure that your readings are accurate and reliable.
- Refractometer Type: V·RESOURCING
- Primary Use: Measures coolant, antifreeze based on ethylene glycol or propylene glycol, battery fluid condition, screenwash antifreeze (windshield washer fluid) based on ethanol as well as on isopropyl alcohol
- Additional Use: Checks urea concentration in AdBlue
- Measuring Range: 1.10~1.40kg/l for battery fluid, -50°C to 0°C for Propylene Glycol and Ethylene Glycol, and 30 to 35% for AdBlue
- Accuracy: High-precision readings
- Usability: Easy to use and handle
- Durability: High-quality, sturdy construction for long-term use
CYCLOPS INSTRUMENTS Antifreeze Premium Refractometer
Why We Like This Tool
The CYCLOPS INSTRUMENTS Antifreeze Premium Refractometer provides reliable, accurate measurements of antifreeze solutions' freezing point and concentrations. With its user-friendly design, this refractometer allows for quick testing with just a few drops of sample on the prism.
It can also measure and monitor concentrations in other industrial fluids like glycol-based coolants, battery electrolytes, and windshield washer fluids.
Built to withstand demanding environments, its rugged exterior and durable prism ensure long-lasting performance even in harsh conditions. With the CYCLOPS INSTRUMENTS Antifreeze Premium Refractometer, you are guaranteed accurate results in a reliable and easy-to-use package!
- Measurement Range: Antifreeze solutions' freezing point and concentrations.
- Application: Can also measure and monitor concentrations in other industrial fluids like glycol-based coolants, battery electrolytes, and windshield washer fluids.
- Design: User-friendly with a rugged exterior.
- Durability: Durable prism ensures long-lasting performance, even in harsh conditions.
- Package Includes: The CYCLOPS INSTRUMENTS Antifreeze Premium Refractometer.
- Extra Feature: Quick testing with just a few drops of sample on the prism.
Glycol Refractometer FAQs:
1. What Is a Glycol Refractometer?
Specifically designed to inspect antifreeze, a glycol refractometer is ideal for any mechanic who needs a reliable way to check their coolant levels. Featuring precision optics and rugged stainless steel construction, these instruments offer quick, accurate readings.
The stainless steel sample port also makes it easy to take measurements without ever having to open the hood of your car. With one of these devices, you can be sure that your antifreeze readings are always accurate.
2. What Is the Difference Between Propylene Glycol and Ethylene Glycol
Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. It can be used as an antifreeze when combined with water and in food coloring and flavoring.
On the other hand, ethylene glycol is used primarily as an automotive antifreeze to prevent engine freezing and overheating. If ingested, it has a sweet taste but is toxic to humans and animals. Propylene glycol is less harmful than ethylene glycol, making it the preferred antifreeze for most applications.
3. Can a Glycol Refractometer Determine the Freezing Point of Propylene Glycol Solutions?
A glycol refractometer can help you accurately measure the freezing effectiveness of propylene glycol solutions by determining the percent volume, freeze point, and refractive index. It also comes with an instruction manual to get the most out of it. Additionally, some models come equipped with a non-roll stand and carrying case for portability.
4. Does Deionized Water Have Different Freezing Points?
Deionized or demineralized water has a lower freezing point than regular tap or distilled water because it has removed all its mineral ions. This means that the molecules in the distilled or deionized water are less lik
ely to freeze and form ice crystals at a specific temperature than in regular tap or distilled water.
Final Thoughts About Glycol Refractometer
We've reviewed a range of glycol refractometers for inspecting antifreeze, each with unique features. Whether you're a professional mechanic or looking for a reliable way to check your antifreeze levels, a glycol refractometer is the perfect tool.
With its easy-to-use design and robust construction, you can trust that it'll provide accurate readings for years. So what are you waiting for? Pick one up today and get ready to inspect your antifreeze with ease!
Thank you for reading!
Are you looking for the best products? We've got you covered! Our editors independently selected each item on this list. Mechanicaddicts may collect a share of sales or other compensation (at no cost to you) from links found within these pages if they choose to buy something (that's how we stay in business); as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Reviews have been edited for length and clarity; enjoy finding your next favorite thing today!